Thursday, May 7, 2020

I Read: The Last Little Blue Envelope

The Last Little Blue Envelope by Maureen Johnson

(sequel to 13 Little Blue Envelopes)

Okay, so the sequel didn't disappoint. I enjoyed this as well, and read it very quickly. Like I said in talking about the first book, I didn't have any expectations so this was a very pleasant surprise. It's a very cute story, and I was very happy to revisit it with the sequel. 

I very much wanted something to end. Properly. And while there is still room that this could continue, it's only in the way that life continues. There's not really a big expansive story to continue with. 

At the end of the first book, we still had that lost envelope, out there in the world, with no real closure to the story. 

I do find myself confused by some of the logic of the characters in the book which other characters just seem to think is completely logical. And that is perhaps because I am not in that particular demographic anymore, so my brain may function a bit differently. There were holes in the reasons why things were or weren't done, but it does add a bit of flawed realism to the story, so it wasn't really a flaw in the story. 

I'd recommend this. It's a little unique, and a little comforting in it's quirky stability. 

Four stars. Again, because I don't give five. 

#32-2020

No comments:

Post a Comment