Saturday, May 16, 2020

I Read: Glory in Death


Glory in Death by J.D. Robb
(#2 in In Death series)

Another mystery Nora Roberts style.  Sex, romance (of a sort) and some mystery and action thrown in.  I'm enjoying the progression of the character, even though I think she's her own obstacle the majority of the time. Especially in the "love" story, but I'm intrigued to see how far her character growth can go, considering the series is something like 40 or 50 books long.  I'll stop whenever I don't feel it moving anymore. 

The story is somewhat similar to a futuristic Castle. Differences being that the male lead isn't actually in the detective story, and he's not a writer. But I can see comparisons between Dallas and Beckett. This might be why I'm finding that I'm enjoying this book series now. I miss Castle. 

Three stars. It's not great literature, but it's entertaining. 

#35-2020

No comments:

Post a Comment