Friday, April 3, 2020

I read: Wolf's Curse

Wolf's Curse by Kelley Armstrong
(Book 2 in the Otherworld next-generation duology)

Starting from the cliff-hanger we ended on (and that greatly upset a lot of people) in Wolf's Bane, this novel picked up and ran us through a number of new mystery theories before depositing us back to the original problem, and solving that all while keeping us entertained with relationship drama and teen angst.

Armstrong's writing never fails to entertain.  It makes me sad that this is the final Otherworld book that we're likely to see potentially forever. But I know that we have many other great offerings in the future.


One of the most interesting things about this book for me as a writer is that it contains an error. I follow Kelley Armstrong on social media and noted a Twitter post the day before I received my pre-ordered copy of the book that there had been an error in the text, that she had fixed in the e-book versions.  She also noted that pre-orders might have been canceled, but please just re-order.  My pre-order had already shipped prior to that announcement.  So my book contains the pre-edit version of the particular paragraph in question. I would love to print out a revised version to put in my book, but I don't want to pay for the e-book just to get a few words.

Anyway, this book was a great end to the duology and a welcome addition to the Otherworld series, even though it was based on the teenage members of the world. It pulls in knowledge from the entire Otherworld series and left a few little nuggets of mystery to give fans of the series hope that there might be stories to come in the future.

Definitely five stars for the writing, the story and the hope that there might in fact be more to come.

#20-2020

No comments:

Post a Comment