Sunday, April 26, 2020

I read: To All The Boys I've Loved Before


To All The Boys I've Loved Before by Jenny Han
(First in the To All the Boys trilogy)

I picked up this series as I started hearing about how much people loved the movie on Netflix. By the time I've started reading them, all three books have been turned into Netflix films with the first two released. 

I wasn't sure what I was expecting when I picked them up. Fluffy from com, I imagine. And from that standpoint, it really delivered. I finished it in under 24 hours, if that gives you any indication of how interested in finishing it I was.

As always I had less sympathy for the main female character than I did for other supporting characters. And I often yelled at the page about how silly she was being. But that was actually part of the fun of reading this.  I was able to become completely absorbed in what was happening, and I felt invested. I needed certain things to happen, certain ideas to become known to all the characters involved. I almost felt like I was living through high school again. 

I'm keeping this short, as I've also finished Book 2 in the series, so I'll add more there, and finish off the review with the third book in the next few days. 

Five stars.  Han is definitely good at characters, which is my main criteria for a good book. 

#27-2020

No comments:

Post a Comment