Sunday, January 17, 2021

I Read: George's Marvelous Medicine

George's Marvelous MedicineGeorge's Marvelous Medicine by Roald Dahl

I do enjoy a good Dahl story, but I'm certainly glad that I don't have children who might be influenced by this one. Most of the time the stories are so crazy, and far-fetched that no one would be able to follow along and replicate the story. This one, though it's impossible that the result would be replicated, could absolutely have a naive kid hatch an insane plan and end up poisoning someone. 

It's still fun, but it's a little scarey to think some kids might not have enough background knowledge to know they should never attempt it. (I will give credit to the warning at the beginning that says not to create George's Marvelous Medicine, but still.) Overall a little cringey.


#12-2021

No comments:

Post a Comment