Thursday, January 7, 2021

I Read: Capturing Camelot: Stanley Tretick's Iconic Images of the Kennedys

Capturing Camelot
Capturing Camelot: Stanley Tretick's Iconic Images of the Kennedys by Kitty Kelley

I picked this up as a "coffee table book" thinking that it would be full of great photos - which is absolutely is. However, it also has some interesting anecdotes about the photographer's relationship with the Kennedy family and the struggles that ensued through that relationship. 

The Kennedy family has been a source of intrigue for decades at this point, and though I have little connection to the intrigue - I wasn't alive while JFK was, and only paid slight attention to his children and widow during my childhood - I've heard the stories about his presidency. 

The pictures within this volume are beautiful, and carry stories that the public may not have been privy to before the book was published. They're well curated and give the reader/viewer a clearer picture of the Kennedys and Stanley Tretick. 

#6-2021
 

No comments:

Post a Comment