Sunday, January 10, 2021

I Read: Canada

CanadaCanada by Mike Myers

A comedic biography wrapped up in a Canadian history textbook with a (non-) cultural manual sifted over top. I enjoyed reading Mike Myers perspective on Canada from the twenty years he spent here. 

There were a lot of things I could relate to, but also a number that I couldn't agree with. Knowing how his experiences had shaped his comedy and his career was very interesting. How he reacted to history and incorporated it into his life gives a new edge to how I view his characters and the direction he's gone. 

It's unfortunate that Canada loses many proud Canadians because there are bigger opportunities available to the South. But if everyone can keep their Canadian pride the way Mike Myers has, then maybe the Americans can start to better appreciate their neighbours to the North. 

#10-2021

No comments:

Post a Comment