Wednesday, December 30, 2020

I Read: Whiskey in a Teacup

Whiskey in a Teacup
Whiskey in a Teacup by Reese Witherspoon

Part cookbook, part memoir, part instruction manual for how to "be more Southern", this is a great representation of who I think Reese Witherspoon is. Quirky, but practical with some very Southern sensibilities. 

I'm enjoying the idea of actually creating some of the recipes she's included, and while I will never be a hostess or entertain in the sense that she speaks about in the book, I still like reading about it and imagining going through the planning of it. 

The little bits and pieces of personal stories that she throws in really make this a more personal story, as if she truly is sharing her family stories and even secrets with you as you travel through the pages with her. 

There's nothing monumental here, but there are some great little tips and tricks for making things more or less formal, and doing it easily or at least more easily than you might imagine they could be. I'm looking forward to trying several of the recipes because they sound like they'd be wonderfully simple and yet feel like a treat. 

#98-2020

No comments:

Post a Comment