Monday, December 14, 2020

I Read: 13 Ways of Looking at a Fat Girl

13 Ways of Looking at a Fat Girl
13 Ways of Looking at a Fat Girl by Mona Awad

This book was not at all what I was expecting when I picked it up. And that is not at all a bad thing. I didn't check the back for a description; I bought it based on the title. 

For some reason, I expected short stories about different girls. Instead, this is a journey through the life of a "fat girl" and her experiences at different stages of her life. It's not even always through her perspective. I'm not even going into any more detail than that. This book deserves to be read, to give people a perspective they may not have, and to maybe urge people to talk about things they otherwise might not. 

I really enjoyed it. It's thoughtful and thought-provoking.

#85-2020

No comments:

Post a Comment