Thursday, November 19, 2020

I Read: The Plant Paradox

The Plant Paradox by Steven R. GundryThe Plant Paradox: The Hidden Dangers in "Healthy" Foods That Cause Disease and Weight Gain by Steven R. Gundry, MD

I picked this up and actually started reading it a couple of years ago when several celebrities were touting Dr. Gundry's techniques. I'm interested in different perspectives on how food affects the body so it was a natural fit for my reading list. 

I am definitely not a biology person, but I know that different foods affect different people differently and that no one "diet" will work for everyone because of that. 

I found this book interesting, even though it took me several years to finish it. The theories are definitely sound, and would most certainly work, for some people. I'm not convinced that the theories presented here would be sustainable for me, but I'm willing to put a few things into practice under the theory that something is better than nothing. 

I liked the historical relevance of Dr. Gundry's discussions of food; how people didn't have access to particular foods, and once we did then our body chemistry changed (or didn't) to adapt in one way or another. 

If you're interested in food and nutrition theory, this is a good book. Though I'm definitely not saying that it's any kind of how-to manual or diet bible. 

#78-2020

No comments:

Post a Comment