Sunday, November 29, 2020

I Read: Let it Snow!

Let it Snow
Let It Snow! by Maureen Johnson, John Green and Lauren Myracle

No secrets here - I enjoy young adult books. One of the authors I especially like is John Green. I hadn't read any Maureen Johnson until this past year, but I've very much enjoyed her online presence for several years already. 

I picked this up solely because John Green was included in it. And I had aspirations of actually reading Maureen Johnson, so I thought a short story might be the way to start. Thankfully I had read a couple of novels before I read this. 

I hate saying that I'm disappointed in anything when it comes to reading. There always seems to be joy in every story, somewhere. I can't say I didn't enjoy this little anthology because there were moments of very cute things. But overall, I wasn't that impressed. It wasn't a waste of time, but it definitely wasn't a favourite either. 

So it's a three story anthology. One written by each of the authors, that actually do overlap to some degree. They're all set on the same day(s) and take place in the same location. There are references in each story to people who show up in the other stories. It's really very nicely woven together. 

But I'm a character person - I can enjoy every story if the characters are well written, and while I did find characters that I liked in this collection, for the most part, the characters that I enjoyed weren't main parts in the story. Which is always a little frustrating. 

Anyway, it was kind of cute. And I wouldn't have minded some more information on bits of the story, so all in all I'm not upset that I read it. 


#80-2020

No comments:

Post a Comment