Sunday, November 15, 2020

I Read: Clanlands

Clanlands by Sam Heughan & Graham McTavish
Clanlands: Whisky, Warfare, and a Scottish Adventure Like No Other by Sam Heughan and Graham McTavish

When talk first started swirling about Sam & Graham having gone on a road trip and filmed it for a TV series a lot of people were pretty excited. When we found out the release of said TV series was going to be longer than we'd hoped we were disappointed - until we learned there was going to be a book!

There was no doubt that I was going to read this from the minute I found out about it. I was intrigued by the characters they'd played on Outlander, and have become even more interested in their other appearances and ventures. Both are very interesting people. And in this book, they're also talking about a country with a really interesting history - part of which is my history. 

Admittedly, I'm more Dutch than any other nationality besides Canadian, but my mom's side of the family is Scottish - Buchanan, with a clan crest and a traditional tartan and all. So, the intrigue of Scotland's background and history is personal. And to hear it told with the character that Heughan and McTavish provide is endlessly entertaining. 

I hope the show manages to make it to air. But even without it, I feel already as if we've been on a bit of the trip with them anyway. A great read if you're interested in two (sometime drunk) Scots telling you about some of the battles and clan wars of Scotland while bickering amongst themselves. The book is definitely full of attitude and character. 

#76-2020

No comments:

Post a Comment