Saturday, August 7, 2021

I Read: The Anthropocene Reviewed

The Anthropocene Reviewed
The Anthropocene Reviewed by John Green

How do you "review" a book that's about reviewing the world we live in?  Super great question. The book's whole premise is what I'm doing here; it's entirely made up of John Green's perceptions, connections, and impressions of things in our current world.  Sometimes it's quirky, sometimes it's random. Sometimes you can't help but see where it's coming from and agree completely. 

I started paying attention to John Green before I even knew he was an author, through the Vlogbrothers project with his brother Hank. They were both completely unknown entities, I just found the premise interesting, and the two of them very engaging. Since then I've watched a LOT of youtube videos, read all of John's books and am in the middle of reading the second book of Hank's. 

So, naturally, when John put out this book, I read it almost right away. I appreciate his thought process and the almost, kind of rambly way he makes fairly significant points. There's also a podcast (Found here on iHeart Radio or wherever you listen to podcasts) where John continues to talk about and review random things from the Anthropocene. 

As someone who enjoys random facts, this book is gold. I like knowing things that maybe not everyone knows, and John surely supplies some of those here. There's a little aspect of memoir to the book because it uses John's personal connections to situations and circumstances to talk about certain things but it's really just about the human experience.

I give The Anthropocene Reviewed 4 stars. 

#68-2021
 

No comments:

Post a Comment