Friday, April 23, 2021

I Read: Getting Things Done

Getting Things Done
Getting Things Done: The Art of Stress-Free Productivity by David Allen

I picked this up as a companion to the Crucial Conversations and Crucial Accountabilities books, because VitalSmarts, the producing company of those, had also started courses based on this book. 

There are significant elements to be taken from this to be more organized in your work and be more productive in each moment. But I found that for the most part, I seem to have taken a lot of these on without even having been instructed how. 

So while I think this book is probably very valuable for a lot of people, I found myself bored and skimming. If you're looking for ways to be more productive, this is definitely a good text, but be aware that most of the suggestions are very common sense - you could probably implement them without having read the book, if you were able to separate the notion of being busy from that of being organized. 

#42-2021 

No comments:

Post a Comment