Thursday, April 1, 2021

I Read: Emily's Runaway Imagination

Emily's Runaway Imagination
Emily's Runaway Imagination by Beverly Cleary

I don't think I had ever read this one as a kid. It's set in the past - very past. Cars are a new invention kind of past. It feels like something I would have read as a kid but it also feels as if it would have been memorable. 

As an adult, I don't think the title is as fitting as it could be, but I do see how it fits in. Emily does have a runaway imagination, but it's more about jumping to conclusions and naively believing what adults tell her. 

No matter what, the story is as good as any other Cleary I've read. I'm sure I would have taken very different lessons from the book as a child than I do as an adult. And I'm sure I would enjoy it at any point. 

#35-2021

No comments:

Post a Comment