Monday, April 5, 2021

I Read: The Dirt

The Dirt: Confessions of the World's Most Notorious Rock Band
The Dirt: Confessions of the World's Most Notorious Rock Band
 by Tommy Lee, Mick Mars, Vince Neil and Nikki Sixx

There's not a lot a person can say about this book that the band hasn't said about themselves. I'd seen the movie years ago and had this one my TBR for quite a while. I'm not sure what finally got me to pick it up, but of course, I was going to do it eventually. 

Nothing in this book is particularly surprising. Everyone who's paid attention knows Motley Crue was basically a train wreck when they weren't on stage (and sometimes when they were?) It's just interesting to hear it in their own words. 

If you want to know what life is like as an out-of-control rock band member, this is the book you want to read. They are the height of rock band stereotype, and not exactly proud of it, but clearly also not ashamed. They are who they are. Take it or leave it. 


#36-2021

No comments:

Post a Comment