Tuesday, April 27, 2021

I Read: The Complete Sookie Stackhouse Stories

The Complete Sookie Stackhouse Stories
The Complete Sookie Stackhouse Stories by Charlaine Harris

I enjoyed this because it was like revisiting an old friend. I read the Sookie Stackhouse novels years ago, when True Blood was the popular thing to watch on HBO. So coming back to Bon Temps and seeing a few more glimpses into Sookie's world (with a few guest appearances from other series as well) was welcome. 

This is an anthology of short stories/novellas that had previously been included in other anthologies but are now collected under the Sookie banner.  With an introduction to the entire collection by Charlaine Harris, and then small explanations for each story and where it fits into the grander Sookie Stackhouse universe preceding each story. 

It makes me want to revisit the entire series, and include these stories in the order where they fit.  But with my current TBR pile seeming to multiply on its own overnight I don't think I can fit in a reread currently. 

If you're someone who enjoyed True Blood, or has read the Sookie Stackhouse novels, you'd do well to read this. It's just a nice quiet trip back to Bon Temps. 

#43-2021

No comments:

Post a Comment