Sunday, February 28, 2021

I Read: Mini-Shopaholic

Mini-Shopaholic by Sophie KinsellaMini Shopaholic 

I honestly don't know why I continue to read Shopaholic books. Rebecca Bloomwood drives me batty! She's ridiculous. And yet, somehow she's engaging.

I know I'm way behind on these; I picked up the ones I'd missed at a book sale somewhere, so I'm trying to complete the series. I might not have been quite so annoyed by the character had I read them all as they came out. I sincerely hope that Becky isn't modelled on a real person - she would be a complete failure at life. Everyone in Becky's sphere enables her and allows things to turn out smashingly even through all of her insanity. 

I find these entirely unrealistic - no one has that many safety nets, and especially not when she treats them all so badly. I have several more in the series left to read before the series is finished, so I'm sure I'll find something redeeming in the character along the way. 

#25-2021

No comments:

Post a Comment