Tuesday, February 9, 2021

I Read: Concrete Rose

Concrete Rose
Concrete Rose by Angie Thomas

It took me a long time to read "The Hate U Give" but when I did I was absolutely a fan of Angie Thomas.  So when I came across this new one, which gives us some back story to Starr's existence I was definitely going to read it. 

I love the way that Thomas creates a character out of the words she uses and the way she puts them together. She doesn't just create the characters but the story is its own character. That might not make sense to anyone but me, but I hope it does. 

She's very good at making the reader feel for the people in the story. Even those of us who really don't (can't?) relate to the specifics of the story. I don't have any similar experiences, but it doesn't matter - she guides us through and is very clear in her descriptions. Adding this book, and Angie Thomas to my favourites list immediately. 

#20-2021

No comments:

Post a Comment