Thursday, March 5, 2020

I read: Second Chance Cafe in Carlton Square

Second Chance Cafe in Carlton Square by Michele Gorman as Lilly Bartlett
(Carlton Square Book 2)

Next book in the series - still silly, and simple and quick to read.  Nothing much more to say about this one. I enjoyed it, but only because it's simple and fluffy. I was engaged, but only to the last page. I don't really care to know what happens beyond the end of this particular story.

There were a few moments when I wanted to scream about how moronic the characters were. Sometimes things were way, way too obvious and the characters weren't able to figure out what was going on. I guess it's akin to having blinders on in our own lives - you only see what you're looking for.

Anyway, 3 stars because the stories are cute, but not really worth much in the long run.

#09-2020

No comments:

Post a Comment