Thursday, March 26, 2020

I read: The Best of Archie Americana: Bronze Age 1980s - 1990s

The Best of Archie Americana: Bronze Age 1980s - 1990s

This one won't really be any kind of review. I read Archie comics when I was a kid, the way that I drink water now. It was constant.  Every time I was anywhere that had a new one I wanted to have it. I devoured them.

Somewhere along the way, despite my voracious need to hoard all things books, I chose to give my Archies away. I didn't own ANY of them anymore. So when I came across a few compilation books I got a little bit excited. I remember how much joy I found in those silly stories.

This one, in particular, includes my precise era of reading, and so I had to pick it up. The completist in me says that I need to also get the rest of the set, as this is actually the third book, but I really only read Archies in the 80s, so this is the book that means something.

I really did enjoy it. The jokes are awful, and repetitive, but it's perfectly mindless fun to read, and that is exactly what I needed right now. I'm tucking this away on my shelf for another moment when I just need some simple joy and nostalgia.

#11-2020

No comments:

Post a Comment