Thursday, June 30, 2022

Read: Dawn and the Impossible Three (#50-2022)

Dawn and the Impossible Three

Dawn and the Impossible Three by Ann M. Martin

(The Baby-Sitters Club, Book 5)

Dawn is the newest member of the Baby-Sitters Club. She also might be hated by the club President. But Mary Anne is her friend and Dawn is willing to work, so she takes on a new client, whose kids just might be impossible.

Yet more subtle lessons on how to handle difficult situations (and people.) I can imagine there are young babysitters out there (at least during the time these books were written) who might have actually had to go through this situation so they'd relate a lot. I was a babysitter, so I'm sure it was my fear. I'm really just marvelling at how well these books stand up over time. They still make sense, even though the world has gone through some pretty major technological changes since then.

On a personal note, I finished my Goodreads Reading Challenge in 6 months.  This was my goal, so I can try to double it again this year. The second half of the year might be a bit more challenging since I'm probably throwing in a move in the last couple of months, but I should manage. 

(#50-2022)

No comments:

Post a Comment