Monday, June 20, 2022

Read: Daring Greatly (#45-2022)

Daring Greatly
Daring Greatly by Brene Brown

As a shame researcher, Brene Brown takes an interesting perspective to teach us how to live our best selves. In Daring Greatly, she encourages us to embrace our vulnerability and imperfection, to live wholeheartedly, and to courageously engage in our lives. Every moment where we choose to experience uncertainty, risk and emotional exposure gives us the chance to dare greatly in our life. 

Until I read this book, I hadn't considered how much a role fear or shame played in my life. Or even the fear of shame. Maybe I make choices to avoid being uncomfortable. Maybe I just don't want to feel shamed. is learning to be comfortable with your limitations enough? Or does it mean that you're settling for less than a wholehearted life? 

I still don't know the answer to those questions, but I'm hoping that if I take to heart some of the thoughts in Brown's book, maybe I can get a little closer. 

(#45-2022)

No comments:

Post a Comment