Thursday, October 3, 2019

I write: Internal Monologue

Second exercise in Week 4 of class was Interior monologue - which I call internal monologue.  (Interior makes me think the person was speaking to themselves inside.)

Direction was to write a paragraph or so of internal monologue, inside the head of the main character, whatever seems appropriate for your protagonist to say.

And here's what I wrote:

Becc paced angrily, manically.  Who did he think he was, coming in out of nowhere like that?  He was supposed to be dead!  He isn't supposed to be here. Not at all!  If I'd known, I'd have... 

Becc stopped pacing. What would she have done?  He'd been gone nearly 90% of her life at this point.  Would she have even bothered to care?  Probably not. She liked her life the way it had been.  But he should have cared.  He was apparently her father, after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment