Tuesday, May 24, 2022

Read: Out of the Corner (#36-2022)

Out of the Corner

Out of the Corner by Jennifer Grey

Jennifer Grey's memoir about her life before, during and after Dirty Dancing and the nose job heard around the world. From Hollywood parents and celebrity family friends to her own celebrity and struggles to maintain it, this book covers significant details that the world both was, and wasn't, privy to before. 

I wasn't originally planning to read this, but I saw Jennifer on Drew Barrymore's talk show, which made me more interested.  I had forgotten some of her romances along the way (Hello!  She dated Johnny Depp.  And I was obsessed with the defamation case, while I was reading this book.)

It's also fascinating to read her take on how the nose job affected her life, and how that entire situation came to be. There was a lot more at play than just vanity. Jennifer's connections to the Hollywood world and her own journey within that world is intriguing, though I don't find I came out of it liking her more for having read her story. 

(#36-2022)

No comments:

Post a Comment