Saturday, February 5, 2022

Read: If You Ask Me (#10-2022)

If You Ask Me (And of Course You Won't) by Betty White

One of many books that Betty White took part in writing. This one is a collection of memories, a nostalgic memoir separated into bite-sized pieces with snappy subtitles. A quick read, and not a waste of time, but definitely showcases White's humour and reflections on her life and career.

This book didn't feel as necessary as the last Betty White book that I read, because many of the thoughts here are contained in that book. I'm not sure which one came first, or whether I should have read this one and then the other would have expanded on the themes - maybe that's the case.

I could practically hear Betty White speaking as I read this book. I believe she read for the audiobook, which would make this seem very much like Betty was just sharing a bunch of her favourite memories with you on various topics. Recommended for anyone whose life was affected by the work of Betty White at any point along the way.

(#10-2022)

No comments:

Post a Comment