Sunday, January 16, 2022

Read: Tempted by the Tycoon's Proposal (#05-2022)

Tempted by the Tycoon's Proposal

Tempted by the Tycoon's Proposal by Rachael Stewart

Second Harlequin novel of the day.  A perfect read for a sleepy Sunday.  Single woman meets rich single dad. Gets attached to the daughter. Both have past issues that affect their ability to love anyone. Both carry immense guilt for something that's not their fault. They convince each other to let themselves love, to release the guilt. She does, he doesn't, there's a misunderstanding and she flees. He eventually figures out his issue and goes to her and they live happily ever after. 

While I love a happy ending, I must on some level love them in an ironic way because I am entirely too cynical to read Harlequin's very often. The premise of this story isn't much different than any other Harlequin, but I eye-rolled my way through it. Partly because this is my second one of the day. If I spaced them out it might be a little different. 

I didn't dislike this story, but I need to remember, I can only handle so much vacuous drama and love never-ending in one day.

(#05-2022)

No comments:

Post a Comment