Friday, September 24, 2021

I Read: Loki's Wolves

Loki's Wolves
Loki's Wolves by K.L. Armstrong & Melissa Marr
(Book One in The Blackwell Pages)

Another Kelly Armstrong, though this time in collaboration with Melissa Marr, whom I've never read before. This took me a while to get through - I chose distractions instead of reading, and it's written for a much (MUCH) younger age group than I belong to so it felt slow. 

The characters are written as well as I always find with Armstrong, and the story is based on Norse mythology, so it's interesting to see how the lore is woven through. 

If you know teens who are into mythology, some supernatural elements and some action then this is definitely a recommendation. This is the first of a trilogy so while there's plenty of action here, the final conflict doesn't happen until the third book. There are also a few illustrations scattered through the pages to bring the images written in the story more life. 

It's a good premise and a fun story, watching to see how these thirteen- and fourteen-year-old characters save the world. 

#79-2021



No comments:

Post a Comment