Sunday, May 2, 2021

I Read: How to Think Like a Cat & Behind Every Great Woman is a Great Cat

How to Think Like a Cat
How to Think Like a Cat by Stephane Garnier
Behind Every Great Woman is a Great Cat by Lulu Mayo

Alright, so I'm lumping these together because they were quick reads and don't deserve a lot of discussion. 

Firstly, thinking like a cat makes a lot of sense, when laid out in this manner. Cats really don't seem to put much thought into the things that tend to stress out people, and they take a lot of naps, which are stress relieving. Who isn't a fan of a nap? And less stress. Cats are not actually as independent as the author seems to portray because the reason they're able to be as stress-free is that they have doting owners/slaves to look after the details. But I'll let that go for sake of the broader point. 

Behind Every Great Woman is a Great Cat
Secondly, there are definitely some women in the book that I wouldn't necessarily have put in the "great" category (Taylor Swift anyone?) but the point still stands that there are a lot of very talented women who are also cat lovers.  And maybe that's not necessarily a coincidence. I like the concept of this book and appreciated that it's a mix of contemporary and historically significant women included. I would find it interesting to see if there are others that might resonate more clearly with me, but overall I did enjoy it. 


#45-2021 & #46-2021

No comments:

Post a Comment