Friday, March 19, 2021

I Read: The Julius House

The Julius House
The Julius House
 by Charlaine Harris
(Fourth in the Aurora Teagarden mysteries)

This one is a little bit different than the other Aurora's to this point. It doesn't start out with a murder. Just a mystery. And that's not even the front and centre story until mid-way through the book. It's a fun little twist on the traditional cozy mystery. 

Most of this book is spent on Roe's new marriage and her finding out things about her new husband that adversely affect her and how she feels about him. But he bought her a house that had been abandoned after the family living in it had disappeared, so she obviously distracts herself by looking into that disappearance, rather than looking into the mystery that is her husband. 

I don't know whether it's a typically Southern response or not, but it seems different than the reaction I'd have. I'd want to know more about the husband before I worried about the strangers who used to live in what was now my house.  Maybe that's still to come. 


#30-2021

No comments:

Post a Comment