Sunday, March 14, 2021

I Read: Chain of Iron

Chain of Iron
Chain of Iron
 by Cassandra Clare
(2nd in the Last Hours series)

Well, I'm a bit ridiculous and stayed up way too late to finish this. But it's my birthday, so I get to do whatever I want, and napping seems like a really good option for the rest of the day. After I actually get some sleep, I mean. And given how I'd looked forward to this next installment when I got within 100 pages of being finished, I couldn't just put it down. 

Spoilers below. Beware.

Finally the bracelet came off. But too damn late. I still can not stand Grace - stick up for yourself stupid girl. There were people who were willing to help you, to support you and yet you continued to let your "mother" manipulate you.  Ugh. 

I grew to like Cordelia, Matthew and James even more in this book, which wasn't really surprising. Cordelia maybe. I don't think I was too fond of her before, but I was already reading for James. Given that I tend not to like the female leads in books (or movies or anything really) it's fairly surprising that Cordelia is becoming my favourite. She and James just can not get their timing down. 

And poor, poor Matthew. He just can't do anything right. Really, I don't care how close parabatai are, they can't have the same wife. It just doesn't work. Lucy, dear girl, in love with a ghost is a terrible place to be, and to put yourself in danger because you're not thinking. I don't even know if I want to know what happens before she's found. We already have some background on Malcolm Fade, so my impression isn't altogether rosy. 

I'm sure it will be another couple of years before we get the third installment, so I'll have to just distract myself with everything else, and then try to remember where we left off. I'll be anxiously waiting anyway - I want to know how this turns out. Mostly Clare's stories end with the almost happy ending which is part of the motivation to finish reading. I'm just afraid of who we'll lose along the way. 

#28-2021

No comments:

Post a Comment