Monday, January 20, 2020

New challenges part 2

This week I start a Science Fiction and Fantasy class. I don't really write Science Fiction or Fantasy, but I do have ideas that could be classified as Fantasy-lite, and I think that I will find this class very interesting. It could also very possibly ignite a significant amount of creativity because it's just that little bit out of my normal comfort zone.

I will share things here as I write them, just as I did in the fiction class. I don't expect that I will ever become a published writer, so the only way I can share is to do it here.  If anyone reads them and happens to enjoy what I've written then yippee for me. But I write for myself, not for an audience.

In the next 6 months, I'll be taking 3 different writing classes, including this Science Fiction & Fantasy one. I will hopefully be able to keep up with the work involved, and will not find myself bogged down between real life and the writing life. But I so enjoyed the previous fiction class that I find myself compelled to continue the courses. By July, I will be only one course away from my certificate in Creative Writing. And in the meantime, I've also signed up for a certificate in Business Writing so that I can continue taking classes and learning when I'm done the creative version.

It's really all about a quest for knowledge and exposure to ideas and words. If I can find new and different ways to do that, I'm all for it. For now, this is my outlet.  It's all about my mental well-being really. I like to take the stories out of my head, and this is a good place and way to do that.

No comments:

Post a Comment