Sunday, September 29, 2019

I read: The Offering

The Offering by Kimberly Derting 
(Book 3 in The Pledge trilogy)

I'm glad to be finished this series.  I didn't dislike it, but I'm happy to be done.  Something about this one just didn't let me be drawn into it the way I had been to other series of similar genre. It's well written, and the characters were well done, but there was just something missing.  The individual novels weren't very long which could have limited the depth of the story.  But I do think the conflicts and tension could have been more extensive.  Each conflict seemed to take longer to become something than it took to be resolved.  Maybe that caused me to gloss over them a bit.  It didn't really feel like I had much at stake.

I'm giving it three stars.  It wasn't bad, but not one of my favourites either.

No comments:

Post a Comment