Sunday, April 24, 2022

Read: Time of My Life (#29-2022)

The Time of My Life

The Time of My Life by Patrick Swayze & Lisa Niemi

Patrick Swayze's memoir, this book was written after the pancreatic cancer diagnosis that eventually ended his life. This book is full of the stories that led him to his over 30-year acting career and his love story with wife Lisa Niemi.


This book reads as an accounting of Swayze's life as he comes to terms with an eventual conclusion. He is candid in his faults, and proud of his achievements even while admitting to insecurities that could have derailed a career like he had. 

There are moments, as a reader and a fan, when you realize that since his death, Swayze has become a sort of saint. And also realize that no one belongs on that platform. No one is perfect and in this book, Swayze admits that. 

I regret not having read this sooner. It's been on my shelf for a few years but I didn't pull it out until a few TV biopics caught my eye recently and reminded me that I had this.

(#29-2022)

No comments:

Post a Comment