Friday, March 25, 2022

Read: Go Tell the Bees that I'm Gone (#22-2022)

Go Tell the Bees That I Am Gone

Go Tell the Bees That I Am Gone by Diana Gabaldon

(9th book in the Outlander series)

The continuing saga of Jamie Fraser and Claire Beauchamp Fraser, their family and friends and neighbours. If you've read any Outlander, you don't need a synopsis from me.  If you haven't, why not?

I wanted to finish this before the new season of Outlander began airing on television, but I didn't quite make it. I've said several times that I finally finished this book - not because it was a slog to get through it, but it's soooo long and going back and forth between the TV series and the book was not a pleasant experience for me.  Too confusing about what happened in which medium. 

I did enjoy this book just as much as others in the series though, and despite its length, it's still a great story. I'm interested to find out where the supposedly final book takes us as there are multiple threads that I want to follow up on from this story. I know some of my attachment to characters comes from the series and wanting to see the acted-out version of what I've just read, but I enjoy the way Gabaldon tells a tale. I'm worried about her plan for a few characters, but the uncertainty and drama are what keep me reading. 

The next book (#10) is said to be the final book for Jamie and Claire's story, but not the final story for the extended Outlander universe. My hope is to reread the entire series at some point before the release of book 10, which will give me a different perspective on the events of Go Tell the Bees.. because I did find that it's been long enough I didn't necessarily know where we were picking up. I'd like to finish up the story by reading it as the extensively long saga that it really is. 

(#22-2022)

No comments:

Post a Comment