Monday, August 3, 2020

I Read: I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings

I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings
I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings by Maya Angelou


I don't know what I can say about this book that hasn't already been said. It's unique, and profound, and simple but complicated and really so easy to follow and understand that everyone should read it to get a little bit of perspective. 

This is not fiction, Maya Angelou did not make this up. It was her life. She's sharing her experiences. She led an amazing life and managed to spin extreme situations into something that elevated her and motivated her without being bitter or angry about anything. She learned from her experience and chose to share those experiences with others to expand other people's knowledge. 

The version I read has an introduction written by Oprah - another voice with similar experiences to Angelou. While my own experiences are not at all similar, the way that each of them expressed their feeling and experience makes it easy to relate to. To understand why they chose their paths, and to admire their willingness to share those experiences.

If you haven't already, read this. It's the beginning of the story of a remarkable woman. 

#59-2020

No comments:

Post a Comment