Monday, December 30, 2019

I read: A Grief Observed

A Grief Observed by C.S. Lewis

I read this mostly because I'm exploring the concept of grief and how everyone deals with it differently. Mostly to reassure myself that I'm not doing it wrong. I'm finding that books written specifically for someone like me don't attract me much at all, or make me feel like I need to justify how I'm reacting to everything.


I don't have much to say about this one; I respect C.S. Lewis and his writing skills, and his observations on life in general. I didn't feel particularly attached to his grief or find that I related in particular to it, but there were a number of really great lines within the text. Things that I'm able to take away and keep in mind for my future.

Not sure I'm even going to give this one any stars. I wish no one had any reason to read it. I wish I hadn't needed to. And I wish C.S. Lewis hadn't had the reason or the need to read it.

No comments:

Post a Comment