Sunday, December 22, 2019

I read: A Christmas Carol

A Christmas Carol by Charles Dickens

Another classic that I don't think I'd ever read before. This is a super cute edition, which is why I picked it up. It's part of a very small series that I was introduced to by a friend of Puffin Chalk Classics.


I've seen productions of A Christmas Carol many times before, but I don't think I'd ever read the actual text myself. Of course, I knew the story, so there were no surprises, but I still actually enjoyed it. In the past, I've found Dickens extremely hard to read, but I think because this particular novel is quite short, I didn't feel the need to struggle through it. It was really fairly simple, and especially when you're already well versed in what is going to happen and when.

3 stars because it's a classic, and it's a tale that Christmas would be so different without.

No comments:

Post a Comment