Saturday, October 30, 2021

I Read: The Witches

The Witches

The Witches by Roald Dahl

This is the Roald Dahl novel (besides Charlie and the Chocolate Factory) that I thought I remembered the most, but it turns out I didn't really remember it at all. This is actually pretty disturbing, and I can't imagine reading this as a kid and thinking it was entertaining. I would have been petrified as a child and would have likely been paranoid about Witches from that point on. 

Thankfully, I didn't really remember it, and it does follow the tradition of Dahl novels where the "bad guy" gets it in the end, in some way or another. And usually not in a way that you would necessarily guess. They always leave you with that slightly weird twist that makes you keep thinking about the story. 

#87-2021

No comments:

Post a Comment